Viewing entries tagged
This week our Zen Dog Spotlight features the sweet, speedy and smart one of a kind mix, Winston! Our team member Tristan, loves his first morning walks with this charming little fellow. Winston has been featured on our Instagram, @dogzenergy, and did we mention he's great in videos! It's all yours Winston!
State your full name and let us know a bit about your background.
"Winston Brooks. My parents adopted me about 4.5 years ago when I was a little guy. They thought that I was going to be a lab mix, but I am only 30 lbs. Nobody knows for sure what type of dog I am, but I sure am cute and smart."
What’s your favorite toy and why?
"Shoes are my favorite toys. I like them because they smell like my mom or dad."
What does your typical day consist of, and what would your ideal day include?
"I usually go on a morning walk with Tristan from DogZenergy. I love going on walks with Tristan, and after my walk, I like to take a nap in front of the door, catching some rays through the window and guarding the house. I follow my little brother and sister around when they are eating snacks, and I love to cuddle with mom or dad at the end of a long day. My ideal day is spent at the beach with my family, chasing balls and running in the waves."
Who is your best friend and how did you meet?
"My dad is my best friend. I met him on the day that he adopted me, and I love him more and more each day."
What is the one question you wish your human would stop asking you, and the one question you wish your human would never stop asking you?
"I wish my mom would stop asking me to let her clip my toes or brush my teeth. I wish mom and dad would never stop asking me whether I want a treat. Yes, please!"
If you were going to win an award at the "Oscar Pet Awards" would you want to win it for 1.) Cuteness 2.) Heroism/Courage3.) Sassiness 4) Loyalty 5) Fashionista. Give us a quick example/story of why we should pick you!
"Can I add a category or two? I would win for my smarts and my speed. I have figured out how to open many doors. I get on my hind legs, and push the handle just so until I can get it to open. I’m also the fastest dog at the park throw that ball and watch me go."
Any other insight you would like us to know?
"I am pretty scared of new people, especially ones who come to my house, but even if I bark initially, I am a big softy once I get to know you."
Hello April! we feel like the San Diego weatherman but it' true, we have another beautiful sunny week ahead of us! Check out all the fantastic opportunities to be social and bond with your best furry friend at this week's local dog friendly events! For more details please visit San Diego Happy Dogs.
ADOPTION EVENTS: HERE'S ARE SOME WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITIES IF YOU'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT ADDING A FABULOUS FURRY FRIEND TO YOUR FAMILY!
- 4/9: Second Chance: 10 am – 3 pm; Petsmart Mission Valley 1660 Camino De La Reina SD 92108
- 4/9: It’s the Pits: 10 am – 1 pm; Petco Unleashed Scripps Ranch,10625 Scripps Poway Parkway SD 92131
- Every Saturday: Baja Rescue: 9 am – 2 pm; 3495 Sports Arena Boulevard, SD
- Every Saturday Labs and More Adoption Event: 10:30 am - 12:30 pm; Road Runner Sports San Diego, 5553 Copley Dr, San Diego
MEET UPS AND SOCIAL: HERE'S ANOTHER GREAT WEEK OF OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOUR PUP AND YOU TO GET OUT AND MEET SOME NEW FRIENDS
- 4/5: Doggies on the Deck: 5 – 8 pm; Landini’s Pizzeria, India Street, SD
- 4/6: Third Annual Yappy Hour at Mother’s Saloon: 6 – 9 pm; Bacon Street, Ocean Beach, SD
- 4/8: Doggie Cafe: 6 – 8 pm; SD Humane Society Oceanside Campus, 572 Airport Road Oceanside
- 4/9 2nd Annual Dog Contest: 11 am - 2 pm; La Jolla Community Center, 6811 La Jolla, Blvd, La Jolla, CA 92037
- 4/9: Bassett Hound Meet Up: 11 am – 12 pm; Kearny Mesa Dog Park 3170 Armstrong St, SD
- 4/9: Low Impact Mushing: 3 – 4 pm; Lake O’Neill – MCB Camp Pendleton Lake O’Neill Recreation, Camp Pendleton
- 4/10: Mini Pin Meet Up: 11 am – 12 pm; Dusty Rhodes Off-Leash Dog Park, SD